is there life after death?

So is this it, is this the only chance we have at life? And if so, is there life after death? Since the dawn of humanity, people have asked questions such as these. There are records of children who speak of having memories of their past lives. Could these occurrences offer us a glimpse into the possibility of life after death?

Reincarnation in History

There are many theories surrounding this subject. In this post, I would like to address the concept of reincarnation. What is reincarnation? Literally, the word “reincarnation” means “entering the flesh again” in Latin. It describes the belief that after death, the soul or spirit, returns to live in a new body. Reincarnation is a central doctrine of many religious traditions such as Buddhism and Hinduism.

It’s interesting to point out, that although religions like Christianity, Judaism and Islam don’t officially subscribe to this doctrine, some groups within these religions, do refer to reincarnation. For example, mentions of reincarnation existed in Christianity, until 553 A.D. when they were banned by the Council of Nicaea.

Belief in reincarnation is alive in many tribal societies of the world. Although, without a written form, many tribes in Africa, North and South Americas and Australia believe in the spirit returning to a new body. The body that is either a human, or in some cases an animal.

Reincarnation Evidence

Perhaps the best known scientific evidence confirming reincarnation, comes to us from the research of Dr. Ian Stevenson. His career spans over forty years of collecting and documenting data from thousands of children all over the world.

These children had spontaneous recollection of their past lives. Dr Stevenson had identified the deceased person who the children claimed to have been, and went on to verify their existence. He even went as far as matching scars and birthmarks described by the children.

As part of his research, Dr Stevenson would often accompany the child to the supposed home of the deceased person whom the child claimed to have been in the past life. Repeatedly, he would record data pointing to the overwhelming evidence that the child’s story was correct.

Dr Stevenson scrutinized his cases to rule out any inconsistencies and outside influences. His credentials are impeccable, and many sceptics and scholars agree that his body of work is the best scientific evidence available, pointing to reincarnation.

In my private spiritual practice, I’ve come across signs that lead me to believe in the reincarnation personally. And purely as an observation, living one lifetime, isn’t nearly enough time to work out our issues on the karmic level. In my opinion there is life after death.

In Conclusion

I don’t mean to offend anyone, or any belief, and these are but my own personal observations. Adhering to the concept of going to heaven or hell after a single life on Earth, may have worked five centuries ago. It is now becoming clear that it’s an over-simplified explanation created by organized religion in order to manipulate the masses.

But no matter what it is that you do believe in, I suggest taking this opportunity to live the best life you can possibly live. This means treating your fellow humans with kindness. Learning and evolving spiritually. Offering your love freely. Whatever Higher Power you believe in, and by whatever name you refer to it, it is watching you right now from that cloud up in the sky. And if you don’t believe me, just look up!

Live well. Vlad

7 Responses to is there life after death?

1. Julie | A Clear Sign February 24, 2012 at 12:56 am #

Hi Vlad,

I have no doubt about life after death and reincarnation. I learned all about it after developing my intuition and going on to do readings professionally. The very first time I met a spirit guide and got information that I could pass on,,,and the person confirmed it…I was hooked. Agree on the outmoded concept of hell – the only hell appears to be the one we create for ourselves right here on Earth.

• Vlad February 24, 2012 at 1:19 am #

Hi Julie,

Well said about the concept of hell – indeed, we are the makers of our destiny. Earth can be either heaven or hell (or both for some). Our choice to make…

Interesting experience with a spirit guide. There is still so much to be learned about our existence!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vlad

2. Suzanne February 28, 2012 at 12:23 am #

Interesting article, with valid points made on research, which is appreciated by everyone. By all means one should be grateful to a divine consciousness, man’s creator, no matter their chosen belief or religion. Because God exists and life does continue on after death on earth takes place. I’ve no doubt about this because of what I experienced and then lived to write about it in a novel titled, “Mommy’s Writings: Mommy, would you like a sandwich? But do humans return to this plain of existence? It is thusly man’s belief in reincarnation, no matter the religious take. Religion is religion and that’s not what God is. However, it is necessary for the decency in civilization, whether or not it’s an over-simplified justification to control the masses. But it is best to enjoy life, living in gratitude, humbleness and, most importantly, reverence to a heavenly Father; the creator of all things in life on earth.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Author 2012
    “There’s one thing I know–God exists.”
    http://www.strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/Mommy’sWritings.html (currently not active)
    The Mommy Writings Series
    Mommy, would you like a sandwich?
    Book 1

• Vlad February 28, 2012 at 3:10 am #

Hello Suzzane!
      Thank you for your thorough comment on the post! I agree with your views on this vast subject. God does exist, and so does religion. And whatever approach works to bring us closer to the Divine – so be it! Because a step toward God is a step in the right direction, no matter what it’s called.

I am intrigued by your experience and book. When will it be available? The title already got me hooked! :-)

Take care, Vlad

• Suzanne March 1, 2012 at 1:22 am #

Hi Vlad,

I apologize for the misspelled word plane of existence, but it didn’t throw you off in what I was saying. Thanks for asking about my novel, much appreciated, and it will be available a bit later in the year. Again, I’m sorry in not being able to state a definite release date. However, it will be in the 2012 Marketplace prior to an on line BlogTalkRadio.com show; free membership. I’m booked for 11-10-2012 for a thirty minute live interview on the specific program called Author Chat, with host Lynda Brown, and listeners may call in any questions; and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability. Author Chat’s link is as follows: blogtalkradio.com/lyndabrown

Thanks also for commenting about the title because it is rather different as is the storyline. But that’s what the dear Lord inspired in me to reflect as its title and so I did. It’s because of my experience, in life after death on February 14, 1969, that I do on going Biblical research since 1983. For many reasons, time’s passage brings God’s purposed plan for my life to now light in 2012; and I’m joyful. But then God is patient, isn’t he? I hope you’ll join us on 11-10-2012. I also felt your understanding about a higher source of divine consciousness to be insightful; and one of being at rest with your perspective on what’s life all about on earth. If only I could give to others my experience, in knowing who walks beside us in all things, I would; but I am doing my best, even though it’s forty-three years later. You also take care Vlad.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Author 2012
        “Earth is a learning ground in Faith in God.”
        There’s one thing I know–God exists.”
        strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/Mommy’sWritings.html (currently not active)
        The Mommy Writings Series
        Mommy, would you like a sandwich?
        Book 1

• Vlad March 1, 2012 at 7:00 pm #

Hi Suzanne,
          I find that as long as we are serving God’s purpose, we’re doing well. It doesn’t really matter how long it may take. The end result is the same!

I’m looking forward to your novel and the radio show! If you can, please drop me a note when the book is out.

Thank you! Vlad

• Suzanne March 1, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

Yes, Vlad, it’s my pleasure to. May it be in the form of my publisher, Strategic Book Group, LLC’s Press Release, which is a bit more informative? If so, I need three things to do so from you and they are: Media Company, Contact Name, and E-mail address.

I agree with you about time because it is indeed a relative thing. It matters not, but only to humanity.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Author 2012
            “True desire is a prayerful heart that believes in God.”
            strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/Mommy’sWritings.html (currently not active)
            The Mommy Writings Series
            Mommy, would you like a sandwich?
            Book 1